Saturday, July 14, 2007

X Viedo Com Activeuty

writing exercise modes

to "learn" to write is to "go write." Maybe, as Borges said that " a sensible line of news just be millions of senseless cacophonies, verbal jumbles and inconsistencies." Anyway, it is always possible to suggest some exercises to walk the path of writing. Here's one that I find especially attractive.

Je me souviens (I remember )

Georges Perec in his book published in 1978 under the title "Je me souviens " features 480 notes of up to 10 lines starting with " I remember ..." and is followed by phrases like "... that My father told me how he had seen John Wayne on the set of a movie in the park of El Retiro . "
At the end of the book, Perec left several blank pages for readers-writers to make their own annotations. The proposed e and r is pandering to French author and writing our own memories.

not forget: Each entry
should have a maximum of ten lines and must be personal memories.

What makes this exercise:
Helps simplify the expression of ideas, memory exercise, broaden the pool of words we use to write and take time to write. Generates less shame
keep a diary. It is also very rewarding for those who tend to "hang" with a blank page because you do not know where to start ...
Let us begin, then, for the first memory that comes our way.
For example: I remember the first time I read Perec; seemed tempting. Experience proves

0 comments:

Post a Comment