Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How To Fit Switch Bindings

uses and possible misuses

offer here a brief overview of correct and incorrect uses of a preposition, particle "that" and some adverbs. Hope will be useful to improve their writing.

most common errors in the use of prepositions

1. The preposition to can not be used as a complement to another noun. Examples:

-Incorrect: Correct
jet: jet, plane by reaction
-Incorrect: Correct
issues to address: issues to be addressed
-Incorrect: Correct
solve problems: problems to solve.
-Incorrect: Correct
striped shirt, striped shirt

2. Prepositions, adjectives do not support. Examples:

-Wrong: Peter is behind you.
right: Peter is behind you / you.
-Wrong: He stood before me.
right: He stood before me.
-Wrong: The book is beneath you.
Correct: The book is under you / you. Other

incorrectly used prepositions: above, across, then.

Dequeísmo and queísmo

When a verb accepts only question WHAT? (what I think, what does it say?, What are?), Affirmative prayer must be constructed THAT: I think ..., said that ... the view that ...

When a verb accepts only question WHAT? (what became convinced?, What persuaded me?), Must be built with OF : he was convinced that ..., I am persuaded that ...

When you can make both questions (what I made sure, or what reassured me?, What I doubt, or doubt what?), Accepting both constructions: I made sure ... and assured me that ..., I doubt that ... or doubt that ...

Proper use of some adverbs

1. PURE adverbs, MEDIUM, BEST and WORST are unchanged. Examples:

-Wrong: It is half tired.
Correct: He's half tired.
-Incorrect: He did it in pure fool.
Correct: He did it out of pure stupid.

2. SLOW adverb means "slowly," no "quietly."
So it is not the same as saying "speak softly" to say "Speak slowly."

3. Adverbs FORWARD, BACK, DOWN, IN, OUT does not support add-on.
Adverbs FRONT, BACK, BY, UNDER, NOT welcome addition.

Examples:

-Wrong: I ride in front of you.
Correct: I travel on.
-Wrong: I travel ahead.
Correct: I ride in front of you.

4. MORE adverb is postponed to no one and nothing.

-Wrong: No one else came.
Right: No one else came.

0 comments:

Post a Comment